To life, the universe, but most especially to the lovely Lady Caer Morganna of Witch Cats Blog for gifting me with this:
I am always deeply touched when someone cares enough to share an award with me; especially when given by someone I like and admire. (Which would be...that's right...all of you whose blogs I follow.)
So the rules of the award state:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Thank and link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award. (Uh oh!)
5. Notify these other bloggers by linking to one of their specific posts so they get notified by ping back. (Uh oh again!)
Seven Things About Myself:
1. I believe that laughter is powerful; if we can laugh about something we take away it's power to hurt us. Hence, odd jokes about Arthur Itis and 'porcelain'.
2. Books with a happy ending make me smile, but a book that can break my heart and re-make it into a new and better shape? I'll read and re-read it for years.
3. People who are very close to me, like the Great Scot or the kidling, know that when I preface a talk with 'Now Listen....' I am deadly serious.
4. I hate seeing people excluded, ignored, or ridiculed and try not to do these things myself.
5. When I was a child reading Peter Pan something about the sentiment: "Every hurt was like the first hurt" resonated with me and waaaaaaay back then decided that was how it should be. Every hurt should be like the first one, just as every joy and every sorrow should be as well. Now I would probably say "Avoid becoming jaded" but both express the thought equally well.
6. Show me the crunchy! If it's crunchy then it's a good bet I'm going to like it...from celery to toffee and everything in between.
7. Me keep quiet? From not liking to keep secrets, to elderly women being bullied by their son in public, me keeping quiet is....well......unlikely.
So, passing this along. Well, um, remember number 4 on my list; not liking to exclude people? Let's face it, if I'm following your blog it's because I like it and I follow far more than 15 blogs, so what to do?
I know! You're all versatile bloggers so go ahead, grab the logo and tell us about yourselves if you've a mind to; I know I would enjoy reading it, then pass it along in the way that feels best for you. Problem solved!
Need a smile? I have some to share:
Good thing for the day: Baby smiles; they're always a good thing!