Thursday, November 14, 2013

Asking For Your Thoughts And Prayers

   Spoke with the folks last night. Mom has her third chemotherapy session today and afterward she and Pop will be leaving to drive from Florida to Indiana. Mom will have to do most of the driving because Pop can't anymore.

   Why? My third brother, who is 56, had a severe stroke Tuesday night. The last time we spoke last night they'd heard that his brain was swelling and there was no way to relieve the pressure, there was no brain wave activity, and only the ventilator was keeping him alive. My second brother had called Pop to tell him that the doctor was summoning the family into the room. At this point I don't know any more than that. Also, my oldest brother (who is 60) will be having a heart cath on Monday; his doctor believes he has some blockages. 

   Is it disingenuous for me to say that I now know why I've had this sudden upsurge in energy? Please keep my brothers and their families in your thoughts and prayers...and Mom and Pop as they travel.

   Thank you.

20 comments:

  1. You and your family have mine. HUGS B

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear of all these troubles with your family - will be thinking of you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, your family has been hit hard. So sorry to hear this. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a difficult time for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Safe travels for your folks. I am thinking of you and your family. Hugs dear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The crap hits the fan all at once, thoughts indeed at our feed

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Jacqueline! What trials for your family. Our prayers are with you, for grace, strength, and health.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so hard! Why is it these types of things have to happen when it's holiday season? I will be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that a lot going on with your family. Will say prayers for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending thoughts, prayers, good vibes, and lots of hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my...your whole family, yourself included, are in my thoughts and prayers today. please keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, dear goodness!! So sorry for all the health issues going on with your family. Lord, please comfort Jackie's family, give strength, wisdom and peace. Supply their needs during this difficult time. Amen.

    I dropped by to say, yes to pinning my gray hairstreak since you had asked on my blog, but that seems irrelevant now. Please keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Jac, I'm so sorry. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. Sending you big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh, jacqueline, i am so sorry. i do hope your parents can travel safely and that this stress your family is going through will soon be over. tragic...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so sorry to hear all of this. I can't believe your mom will have to drive after everything she's been through and now this. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
    hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh no, I am so sorry to hear about this. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Sending you many hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jacqueline, What has been going on there? Can anything else go wrong.! Your poor head must be spinning. I hope your family all recovers as best as they can. Hold on tight girl, I'm thinking of you. As you well know - I understand how you must be feeling at this time. Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jacqueline, I am sending up prayers for all of you. I hope your mom takes many breaks driving...wish they could have found a church member to drive them. Keep your faith honey. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments brighten my day and educate me.....I look forward to each one, thank you!