Tuesday, December 24, 2013

I Like The Pretty Lights

   The tree is up; presents wrapped and on the bench by the tree. With three dogs and a cat in the house putting them under the tree would be a tad too much temptation methinks... Especially since one of the pooches (that would be Abby) really likes to chew. On anything. Or everything. Candles are ready to be lit and the Yule log is ready to go in the fire; I especially love the lights, they just say 'Christmas' to me.

   It's the kidling's first Christmas at home in several years and we're all wallowing in the hominess. Hominess is totally a word now btw. She baked KILLER cookies last night with four kinds of chocolate as well as butterscotch chips! Tonight most everything is done, other than a few things to do ahead for tomorrow's big dinner. We'll follow our Christmas Eve tradition of opening one gift...and truth be told...we'll probably end up opening all of them except what's in our stockings, lol.

   May your worlds be Merry and Bright, and may what you most need find it's way to you in a timely manner. May your New Year begin in joy and laughter (and carry that theme throughout the year). Until January 3rd my friends!

   A little more Christmas cheer from Pentatonix:


14 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful Christmas time for you. Enjoy! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your family is having such a wonderful holiday season. Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had to lock the pooch away for the night so she wouldn't chew haha merry christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacqueline, wishing you and your family a warm and joyous Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are having a joyous Christmas! Wishing you a Blessed New Year too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Christmas sounds perfect! Wishing you a week (and year) filled with love and laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's good your family is home. I love Christmas. It feels like goodness is in the air. Even when I'm stressed out before the holiday I think of the goodness, and that stress goes away. Have a great New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you and your family a prosperous 2014! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I trust you've been enjoying a lovely, restful Christmas season Jacqueline! A blessed, peaceful new year to you and yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the lights too. I have the Christmas tree lights on this morning, even though I'm in the process of taking the decorations down.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  12. hmmm, just a thought....since we love the lights so much, I'm thinking there must be a place we can put them on something and enjoy them all year long! I might just leave them on one of my house plants!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Christmas Jacqueline, hominess is a lovely word I am delighted to adopt~ here's to a nice calm 2014 xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments brighten my day and educate me.....I look forward to each one, thank you!