Thursday, December 12, 2013

Summertime, How I Miss Thee

   And we're freezing around here! We're hovering around the zero mark at night and this old house, well, we love her but she's just not air (or heat) tight. Time for a fire in the fireplace, now all we need are chestnuts...and not just the Great Scot's jokes. Abby and Buddha have been parking themselves in front of the fire to stay warm; not to mention wearing little outfits I've been busy re-purposing from Goodwill children's clothes for them. Abby just loves her little dress; after all, what dainty wee pitbull wouldn't want a pink flowered dress with smocking?!?



(I had to add elastic to the bottom so her back legs wouldn't get tangled in it. Can you believe 3M laughed at me for it? )

   The last few weeks have been busy ones, but there has been good mixed in with the bad. My oldest brother's heart cath went very well and whilst he does have blockages, none of them are severe enough to require more than medication. What a relief that was! Mom and Pop made it back to Florida before the really cold weather hit. Mom told me the only change she's noticed from the chemotherapy is that she has to have something sweet after a meal; there could be far worse side effects! 

   Let's see, the kidling is now living back home...she's staying here but her things are only partly moved due to inclement weather. You can tell how thrilled she is by it!



   At least she's stylish whilst freezing!

   It seems I keep apologising for not blogging and during the last few weeks I've realised that there's a bit of burn out going on. This has been a stressful year for a number of reasons and it's the blog which has suffered. I make no promises, outwith the fact that I have the best of intentions, but I shall endeavour to improve my performance and to spend more time with my blogging friends. I hope that the last few weeks have been kind to you.

A bit of cheer appropriate to the season: 



18 comments:

  1. And I thought I was cold! Girl, you got some cold weather going on and I'm glad it's you and not me. We wouldn't know what to do with that kind of weather! Brrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain...er...cold. We keep getting inches and inches of snow. I think we've had 2 feet so far. Love Budda's dress. Hope to catch up when I get net again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear about your brother and yes your mom could certainly have far worse side effects lol. Post-treatment Reese's Cups!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear an update! Sounds like all is mostly going along well.

    You are welcome to share anything from my blog on Pinterest :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol that dress should get eaten. Glad things are going well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abby is just the cutest! and looks perfectly happy to be wearing that little dress :)
    Our high temp today might hit 26.... yes, time to get the fireplace going!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see you posting and that things are going as well as they can be for the moment. The little dress for Abby is precious, though she looks a little embarrassed. lol Too cute!! Hope to see you posting more often. Blog burnout is common; I think we've all had our breaks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hugs my friend take your time we will be waiting. Nice dress:) Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to hear from you! But I know you've been busy, so only post whenever you get the chance and don't stress about it too much :) I hope you get some warmer weather your way soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. glad your folks made it safely back to florida. bless them. and the house just got a bit fuller for you again. :) i have been glad to see the sun the last 2 days here in texas, too. we were below freezing for several days/nights in a row - we're not built for it, either.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww Abby -- so very very sweet! The weather sounds wonderful to me really lol! Trust you are keeping super well my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So good to see you posting. It might be nice just to take a holiday break and see how you feel in the new year. Though of course, I hope you decide to come back. Keep cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ugh!!! Way too cold for me. That shot of Abby is priceless. And Kidling has my sympathy.

    By the way, by far the best version I have ever heard of "Little Drummer Boy." Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. make no apologies for the blog....life happens. i'm happy to hear your brother is ok! and if i lived closer, i'd make some treats for your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't apologize. I love that shot of your daughter...it looks coooolll! Stay warm, now I know not to complain :/

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's good to see you! Your pup and daughter are adorable! Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the little dog dress! That's such a good idea to use children's clothing like that. It's so hard to find clothes for bigger dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't think you need to apologise for not blogging - so much has been going on and though I miss your posts and love to hear from you I think living your life is always the number one priority - and I love that you know that.

    I'm glad to hear some things are going well and hope that you guys can all keep warm this winter - take care and wrap up warm xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments brighten my day and educate me.....I look forward to each one, thank you!