Geraldo thanks all of you for his warm reception yesterday; I think he may end up ghostwriting for me again sometime!
So, my Friday Five....
1. I truly love good drum music whether it be Scottish, Korean, Japanese, Native American...or 'world'. Check out these ladies:
2. Geraldo is growing rapidly, he's almost twice the size he was when we brought him home. We're estimating he'll weigh about 4 lbs. when he reaches his full growth.
3. Buddha, our rescued Boston terrier, had a difficult few days when we first brought Geraldo home; he couldn't quite believe we'd still love him. With patience, reassurance, and lots of cuddles our two boys have now become fast friends.
4. Hurrah for a quick adjustment to the increase in insulin!
5. The Great Scot has always had difficulty maintaining appetite and weight. Whilst my darling can sometimes eat like a ravenous thing, even more often 3M would entirely forget to eat if I didn't fix regular meals. Last weekend we got vitamin D capsules (1,000 IU daily) and I can't believe how much it's improved my sweetheart's appetite and energy!
Now, here's my version of what's quickly becoming a classic dish...just a note, I boil the kale very quickly because it's a choking hazard for me raw, you don't need to cook it if you prefer not to; just massage it with a little olive oil! (photo credit)
Kale and Garbanzo Salad
2 bunches kale, stemmed, boiled for 2 minutes, then rinsed in cold water and refrigerated for at least 1/2 hour
2 tangerines, peeled, and sliced crosswise
1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1/3-1/2 c. shaved parmesan
half of a small red onion, sliced (thinly) lengthwise
2 Tbsp. sunflower kernels
Just toss together, use your favourite dressing, and eat! It's inexpensive, vegetarian, packed full of fibre and protein, and a great way to indulge your need for cheapskatery.... tastefully.