Thursday, May 29, 2014

What's Up, By The Pup

(In the style of Momma's blog friend, Pat Hatt, and his famous rhyming cat.)


Listen my friends, and you shall hear,
From my cutiepatootie rhyming rear,
(But only by bending near)
Why my poor Momma isn't here.

It isn't that she didn't want to be,
But she had to cede the writing over to me;
It's just like this you see...
Her tummy is waving like the sea.

It happens when her insulin goes up,
Then she doesn't even want to sup;
Although she does remember to feed this pup!
But she won't even look at an innocent cup.

She'll be fine in a day or two,
And come back to write at her zoo;
She'll be so happy to visit you...
But meanwhile, she just waves from the......loo.

So Momma is still smiling, a rather greenish smile but it's still pretty, and she'll be back as soon as her body adjusts. She says it's just a 'blip', whatever that is. I wonder if I can eat it? My Momma's kind of funny, whenever she brings me my food I wag my tail and think:


18 comments:

  1. Geraldo you did a great job with the rhymes!! I hope momma feels better soon. Giver her our best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good boy, G! You did a fabulous job. You make sure Momma has plenty to drink, OK?
    No...not from your water bowl, G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done!! And well wishes to your mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE post! But really sorry you're feeling so miserable. Hopefully things will adjust soon. In the meantime, you've got one clever pup there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. look at you go with the flow, even keeping it G with the rear crack at your sea lol hopefully she is well soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geraldo give lots of love to your momma!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this was so cute, but sorry you've had a 'blip'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your silly Mom is feeling yuck?
    She's sweet and fun.
    Gosh darn the luck.
    I best quit now. It'd really suck
    To think of one more word that rhymes with....stuck! xoHealing thoughts and wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Get over your blip and return to us...although I must say that Geraldo did an admirable job of filling in for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my. Sounds awful. The poem is super cute though and I do hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your ghost writer is super cute - but I hope you are feeling better every day. Much better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the pups poem but sorry you have a blip. Hope you are feeling better soon.
    Thanks for stopping by and your sweet comment today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you feel better!!! That pup is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet little puppy. HOpe you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had no idea Geraldo had ever learned to read. Yet here he is already writing Pulitzer-worthy poetry. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

    And now I need to try and erase that image of you waving from the loo! (although I'll bet you're adorable)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments brighten my day and educate me.....I look forward to each one, thank you!